Updated: Mar 20, 2019
Today is the Vernal Equinox, or the beginning of Spring, when the hours of daylight and moonlight are equal. The Sun also moved into Aries today, leaving the spiritual sign of Pisces behind. To add icing on the cake, we have a luscious, full supermoon in Libra. To read more about what the Spirit is trying to tell us with this powerful planetary phenomena, click here.
Spring is about new beginnings, Aries represents individuality, leadership, and assertiveness, and Libra governs relationships, balance and harmony. This combo packs a powerful punch, so take advantage of it! Use this opportunity to set goals and work towards your dreams. Below is a recommended ritual to honor the stars today:
1. Express gratitude for Pisces season by journaling the ways you nurtured your soul or showed compassion towards others over the past month. Now think of a few ways you could make a difference in your community. When finished, take a hot bath, spend time near water, or meditate if your soul desires.
2. Make a list of some things you would like to manifest, or "breathe to life", this Spring, and over the course of the next few months. Visualize them now.
3. In the spirit of fiery Aries the warrior, honor your Self by making a list of some things you love most about you. Feel free to have a friend help you! Next, think of some areas in your life where you need to be more assertive, set healthy boundaries, and step into a role of leadership. Finally, channel the Fire element by lighting candles, sitting by a fire, and/or wearing red clothing, accessories or makeup.
4. To honor Libra, make a list of your most valuable relationships, and how they nurture you. Reach out to those people and let them know how much you care. If you are in a romantic relationship, tell your partner what you appreciate most about them. If you are single, write down how your ideal relationship would make you feel---now go and love yourself that way. Don't wait.
5. Full moons are about releasing and letting go of the past. What do you need to let go of? If it's an emotion or situation, write it down on a piece of paper, then burn it. If it's a physical item that's no longer serving you, take the necessary steps to sell it or donate it. Time for Spring cleaning!
May your all your gardens be plentiful,